"With This Ring, I'm Confused" by Kristin Billerbeck

The time has arrived. Patent Attorney Ashley Stockingdale is getting married…to a surgeon! This is what she has been dreaming about and waiting for. Bring on the Vera Wang dress, the Kenneth Cole shoes and the Kate Spade place settings. Doesn't it all seem perfect? Too bad it's not turning out that way.


As if being a Patent Attorney in Silicon Valley and a bride to be wasn't enough, Ashley's company has just hired her ex-boyfriend, her fiance is talking about moving across the country, and her soon to be sister-in-law/wedding planner has decided that only a Gone With the Wind theme would be appropriate for the wedding. Add to that a very judgmental mother-in-law, a roommate with a dark family secret, and a few great-aunts who can't wait to throw her a lingerie shower (thongs included) and Ashley is beginning to wonder if her happily ever after will ever be real.


With This Ring, I'm Confused is the third book in Kristin Billerbeck's Ashley Stockingdale series. The series is a witty, fun look at a Christian woman's journey through the dating world. Determined not to be a part of the Singles Group at church forever, Ashley is on the hunt for a nice, good-looking Christian guy who is willing to commit. Something that turns out to be not as easy as she thought.


Kristin Billerbeck is a master of Christian women's fiction. She writes effortlessly fun books about relatable Christian women and Ashley is a great example of the woman who knows what she wants in life, but is listening for (and often struggles with) what God wants for her life.


If you haven't read either of the two previous books in the series (What a Girl Wants and She's Out of Control) you will still enjoy reading this book. However, I recommend reading the entire series. You will love the character of Ashley and will most likely relate to her good intentions that rarely seem to turn out the way she hopes.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder! A friend loaned me this book months ago & I've not yet picked it up! (BAD FRIEND that I am...) I need to turn this around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds hilarious! I think I'll wait until after my own wedding to read it so I can laugh instead of freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Ashley Stockingdale. She and I would have gotten along real well during my pre-marriage and kids days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop