Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme at Breaking the Spine where bloggers share which upcoming releases they are eagerly anticipating. My choice this week is:

The Kid by Sapphire
Release Date: 5 July 2011

The Kid is the sequel to Push which most people know as the novel that was adapted into the award winning movie Precious. This book will tell the story of Abdul Jones, the son of Precious. I haven't found a whole synopsis of the book but here is what the press release says:

"Sapphire never fails to render the hardest material comprehensible by coming from a place of love. In her second novel, she fearlessly explores the young life of an African American boy as he approaches manhood; alone, brutalized and with the soul of an artist." (PRNewswire)

Have you read Push? Are you going to read The Kid?

Comments

  1. A sequel to Push?! I had not heard about this one and it sounds FABULOUS. Thanks for alerting me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the movie Precious, but did not know there was a sequel...great pick, and thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Hope you enjoy this when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there's a follow-up novel to Push.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books and tea, two of my favorite things. Great Wow pick too by the way. I'm hanging around to follow.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop