In My Mailbox #8

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. Thanks to this meme each week my to be read list grows longer than I'll ever be able to finish! Here is what I picked up at the library this week:


Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef
Since he was a small boy, Mosab Hassan Yousef has had an inside view of the deadly terrorist group Hamas. The oldest son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a founding member of Hamas and its most popular leader, young Mosab assisted his father for years in his political activities while being groomed to assume his legacy, politics, status . . . and power. But everything changed when Mosab turned away from terror and violence, and embraced instead the teachings of another famous Middle East leader.






Promises to Keep by Jane Green
Successful photographer Callie Perry thinks she has a pretty perfect life, although it may not be everyone's idea of happiness: a great job, lots of time with her daughters, but a workaholic husband. She couldn't be more unlike Steff, her younger sister, who has never held down a job-or a boyfriend-for more than six months. Walter and Honor, their divorced and perpetually feuding parents, have almost given up hope that Steff will ever learn what it is to be responsible...until they all receive a shocking email that changes their lives forever, and brings them together one extraordinary summer in Maine.






The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
Tells the story of Manhattan columnist Carrie Bradshaw's high school years, her relationships with her peers, and how she became a writer.







Comments

  1. Hello, visiting from Bailey's blog. It's nice to have met you, I've enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got jane greens book too. i can't wait to read it

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got an interesting variety of books this week. I'm curious to know what the secret is in Promises to Keep. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, all three look wonderful!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shan! Son of Hamas sounds like a very intense read. I recently won a copy of the Green book, but I haven't read it yet. Have a great week....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Promises to Keep a little while ago - need to write my review soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won a copy of Promises to Keep - Can't wait for it to show up! I love Jane Green books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop