Happy Friday! We have been in the middle of a heat wave here but it's raining now so maybe we'll finally be able to cool off before it starts to get unbearably hot again. In even bigger news my team, the Netherlands, are in the World Cup Finals. I shall be downtown, dressed in orange, partying with all the other Dutch people on Sunday!

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted each week by Crazy For Books. And in a new twist to it, each week we'll be asked a question so we can get to know each other better.

This weeks question is: Who are your favourite authors and why?

I could name a bunch!

When it comes to chick lit I love Sophie Kinsella, everything she writes is funny. I also love Marian Keyes, there is such a warmth to her writing. There are so many other great authors whose books I grab every time they write a new one - Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, Emily Giffin and Gemma Townley.

A couple of years ago I started reading Urban Christian fiction and have found great authors in this genre - ReShonda Tate Billingsley, Victoria Christopher Murray, Jacquelin Thomas. I will pick up anything these ladies write.

I'm also such a fan of Alexander McCall Smith's "No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series so I'm starting to read some of his other books, hoping that I'll enjoy them as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Comments

  1. I have found your blog through this meme and am happy to be a new follower. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I look forward to reading your future posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan just stopping by from the Hop
    HEy I didn't know you were into chic lit also
    or that you were doing a challenge if
    you want to post a link to your giveaway or challenge stop by www.bookaddict4real.com
    Glad the Netherlands are winning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your visit. Happy Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm sure you'll love Marquez more and more as you read more of his work, and I strongly recommend "Chronicles of a Death Foretold." =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping over from the Blog Hop! Have enjoyed what I've seen so far on your blog! Will look for more in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over to say hi from the hop! I enjoy the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency series too. They are so fun.

    Anyhow, I just became a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over from the blog hop. If you can, stop by mine. Have a great weekend.
    http://2readornot2read-loves2read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopped over from the blog hop. Very nice blog - I'm a #1 Ladies Detective Agency fan, too! And, my favorite Canadian author - Margaret Atwood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!
    talesandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now following your blog
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop