Book Blogger Hop

Happy Friday! These summer weeks sure seem to be going by fast. I can't believe it's almost August (and the long weekend here.) Only one more month until my husband heads back to work and my daughter heads off to Kindergarten! Got to make sure we really enjoy this month.

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Crazy For Books. It's a great way to meet other book bloggers as there are over 200 participants every Friday! If you have never done it before, check it out. If you are visiting from the hop, welcome!

Last week I came across a really cool blog through the hop. The name of the blog is Musings of a Bookshop Girl. She runs a secondhand bookshop with her mom (don't we all dream of that!) so not only does she review wonderful books, but she has great stories about what goes on at the bookshop. Definitely check that one out.

The question for this week's blog hop is "Who is your favourite 'new to you' author this year?"
My pick is going to be Carmen Reid. I picked up "The Personal Shopper" this year, really enjoyed it, and was thrilled to find out that it's a series of 4 books with the 5th due out next year.

I must mention two other authors who I will be reading more of - Sophie Hannah who writes mysteries/thrillers and Tiffany L. Warren who writes Urban Christian fiction.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and happy hopping!

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You've got some great books highlighted here. I'm going to have to add them to my TBR list. Boy is it getting long! I am now a follower and I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am here from the Hop, which I am participating in in an unofficial sense, trying to discover some great new blogs like yours!
    I hadn't heard of Carmen Reid before, Happy Friday, hopping, and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this question because the answers are giving me good leads.

    I'm hopping by from Rose City Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of those authors you mentioned. I love finding more new authors to check out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog!
    I just started my own blog. Please stop by if you can. Thank you

    Misha
    http://books-love-affair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I too have come across so many authors through this week's hop, it's dangerous for my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for finding me on the hop! I love your blog set up it is very classy and overall lots of fun to look at! I am now following you!! I haven't heard of any of the authors you mentioned so I will be checking them out!!

    Happy reading!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so exciting to find a new author who has written a series or even several books. Collecting a series is more fun. Hope you enjoy Carmen Reid's series. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop