Month In Review

We made it through March!  It's a tough month, where you can see Spring in the distance but the cold weather and snow is still trying to stick around.  Thankfully, it looks now like we can put winter behind us!

I fell into a bit of a reading slump during this month but thankfully I was able to finish with a bang and I feel very content with the reading I did in March.  I'm hoping to keep up this run, as there are so many fantastic books I want to read this month.

Books read in March (with GoodReads ratings)


Get You Good by Rhonda Bowen *****

Hell-Bent by Benjamin Lorr *****

Ascent of Women by Sally Armstrong *****

Persecuted by Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert, and Nina Shea ****

The World is Moving Around Me by Dany Laferrière ****

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen ****

The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund ****

Beautiful Battlefields by Bo Stern ****

The Detour by Gerbrand Bakker ***

Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe ***

Eighty Days by Matthew Goodman ***

Mount Pleasant by Don Gillmor***

Harvest by Jim Crace **

See Now Then by Jamaica Kincaid DNF

Challenges

Historical Fiction Challenge (1), Canadian Reading Challenge (4), Ik Lees Nederlands/I Read Dutch (1), The Classics Club (1), Around the World in 80 Books (1), Back to Classics (2).

Month

This month there are a lot of great books coming out that I'm looking forward to reading.  I'm very excited for Sophie Kinsella's new book Wedding Night.  I will also be reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 as it was picked for the Toronto Public Library's One Book for the Keep Toronto Reading Festival.

Comments

  1. Great month, woot woot! I've got Eighty Days on tap next and I'm hoping I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really hope this month is the same! I hope you enjoy Eighty Days, there's a lot to read, but it's a pretty cool book.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop