"It's Monday, What Are You Reading?"

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

This past week was an exceptional reading week for me, one where I burst out of a reading slump, got a bunch of books read and was all caught up on reading and reviewing for the end of the month.  I'm hoping I can continue this energy into April as there is a lot I want to read this month!

What I Read Last Week


Persecuted by Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert, and Nina Shea
Mount Pleasant by Don Gillmor
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (review coming soon)
The Detour by Gerbrand Bakker
The World is Moving Around Me by Dany Laferrière

What I'm Reading Now
Captive in Iran by Maryam Rostampour and Marziyeh Amirizadeh is the true story of the women's imprisonment in Iran's notorious Evin prison for their Christian faith.  Ghana Must Go is a debut novel by Taiye Selasi about the gathering of family members following the patriarch's death and their journey to finding a new way forward.

What I Plan to Read Next
Family Pictures by Jane Green
A Beautiful Truth by Colin McAdam

What Are You Reading This Week?

Comments

  1. Great week! Captive in Iran sounds like something I would enjoy...can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    Have another great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've read a few books about people imprisoned in Evin prison already, and every one has been such a good book, I've been looking forward to reading this one.

      Delete
  2. Your books look so interesting - very different from what I normally read, but that's why I can't wait to see your reviews :-) And Ghana Must Go - is one I was checking out at the bookstore the other day. I might pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Beautiful Truth is on my TBR list - the cover and the synopsis are both great.

    Have a lovely reading week!! What are you reading this week @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting out of a reading slump. My year got off to a slow start, but has picked up in March. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop