It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Last week I didn't read as many books as I had hoped to but there's a good reason behind that.  I read one book that was so rich and so good, it required of me to take my time and read it slow.  It can be frustrating when you have a whole pile of books due back at the library soon (or if that particular book was due back at the library a few days ago) but it's such a wonderful experience to read those kind of books.

What I Read Last Week:

A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki is the novel that demanded my time, Wedding Night is Sophie Kinsella's latest novel and all-around fun, and Tales of the Defended Ones by Beth Gluckenberger tells the stories of young children facing difficult situations and their rescue from them.

What I Cooked From Last Week:

Yum!  Tomato-Salami Pizza, Mango Pineapple Smoothies, Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry Compote, Roasted Chicken with Tomato-Basil Butter, we had some good eating thanks to Curtis Stone's latest cookbook What's For Dinner?

What I'm Reading Now:
The Juggler's Children by Carolyn Abraham

What I Plan to Read Next:
The Smart One by Jennifer Close 
Friends & Foes by ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray

What are you reading this week?

Comments

  1. I'm really hoping to get the Ozeki soon. I've got a hold at my library. Now I'm hoping that the people ahead of me read quickly ;)

    That roasted chicken sounds divine..mmm!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get my hands on the Ozeki book! I hope you enjoyed it, sounds like it was a slow read?

    I love it that you made so many recipes from the cook book! It all sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop