Little Readers

Little Readers is an opportunity for me to share what my children have been reading over the past week.  My daughter is 6 and my son is 3 and we read in both English and French.



My daughter is still very interested in learning about Farms and this is another book she picked out at the library.  It is excellent for young children with lots of pictures and short bits of information.


La pomme rouge by Kazuo Iwamura is a beautifully illustrated book about a young girl having a picnic and when her red apple rolls down the hill, she enlists the help of a few animals to catch it.  The illustrations are pencil drawings with only the apple in colour.  The language is easy so early readers can read it.


Mon nouveau jouet by Mo Willems (I Love My New Toy in English) is one of my favourite books to read!  Lili has a new toy and lets Emile play with it.  But when Emile breaks it, Lili becomes very upset.  Only, the toy isn't really broken and Lili is a little embarrassed.  The illustrations are so cute, the text is so much fun to read, I love reading this book over and over and the kids enjoy it very much.


I have mentioned Chicka Chicka 123 by Bill Martin Jr. before.  My son is obsessed with this book and it is all he wants to read!  We read it everyday and he's starting to memorize it.  Thankfully I enjoy reading this one as well!


This is the only picture I could find for Whose Hat is That? from Ice Water Press.  It is part of their Little Discoveries series and is a lift the flap book.  A little boy has lost his hat and while looking for it finds a bunch of different hats belonging to different people.  This one is being used for my sons speech therapy and he really enjoys it.  


Comments

  1. Ohhh I like the lovely cover of La pomme rouge; I'm sure the illustrations are beautiful.
    I don't have children, but I also like to know what nowadays children read.
    You are very lucky to be able to read in two different languages, it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop