It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It's hard to believe that there is only one more week of school until the Christmas holiday.  The last few months have flown by, and I certainly miscalculated with how much time I had to finish off my challenges!  I'm working on them though!

Before I get into my reading I must say that my heart and prayers are with Newtown.  As the mother of young children, my daughter a grade one student, I'm heartbroken and grieving for the beautiful little babies whose lives were lost.  And amazed by the heroes who laid down their lives to save others.  May they all rest in peace and may God keep them in His arms until they are one day reunited with their families.

What I Read Last Week


What I Am Reading Now

All Over the Map by Laura Fraser

What I Plan to Read Next

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

All are books that I need to read to complete my challenges.  I'm hoping for a good reading week so that I can spend the Christmas holidays getting some reading and reviews done for the beginning of next year!

What are you reading this week?

Comments

  1. Gang Leader for a Day sounds very interesting! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

    Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very fascinating book and not many would be able to give the inside look that he got!

      Delete
  2. Siddharta is a very interesting reading, hope you like it.
    And about The notebook... ohhh, I cried all over the evening after finishing it, what a story, you'll see! I watched the movie but I felt like the characteres were not the ones of the book and it made the whole thing different.
    Hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen the movie, these aren't things I'm typically drawn to but one of my challenges required reading a romance and I figured why not go all the way and read one of the saddest and most popular!

      Delete
  3. Great mix of books, Shan! Hermann Hesse really intimidates me - I nearly had to read The Glass Bead Game for a book club and when I looked at it in a secondhand bookshop, I didn't think I'd be able to do it. In the end it didn't make the reading list. I'm curious how you find his writing, whether he is the kind of writer I've built him up to be in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what made me choose it for my challenge, I didn't realize that it would be intimidating. I'll definitely let you know what I think!

      Delete
  4. Hi Shan, I linked up this week for the first time with BookJourneys what I'm reading. All over the map sounds like a book I would enjoy. I am a sap and Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, though I have not read the notebook. I always find myself fighting tears in each of his stories. Have a great and enjoyable reading week wrapping up the challenges! I signed up for a couple for 2013 and look forward to getting started! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read a Nicholas Sparks book so I figured The Notebook would be a good place to start! I hope it doesn't make me too sad right before the holidays!
      I hope you enjoy your challenges next year. I'm excited to wrap these ones up and start some new ones!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Bryce Wylde's book. I looked at it the other day and thought it would be a great New Years read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop