Best Books of 2012


As the year comes to a close it's time to pick out a few books that really stood out for me during the year, books that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone for years to come.  I read a lot of great books this year, but there are 4 that stand out for me.  I am so proud that 3 of these books are Canadian.

 Up and Down by Terry Fallis
If one book could sum up what being a Canadian is all about, it's this one.  

The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
Original concept, beautiful writing, a great debut novel.

The Beggar's Opera by Peggy Blair
A thrilling mystery set in Cuba, the first Inspector Ramirez novel.

The Stone Thrower by Jael Ealey Richardson
A riveting story of race, identity, football, and a father-daughter relationship.

Have you read any of these books? What are your favourite books of 2012?

Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I'll surely add them to my list - you have super taste!

    This year my two favourites were 'Let's Pretend This Never Happened' and 'Gone Girl'. Did you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I liked the look of the Age of Miracles. Nice to see it on your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Age of Miracles out of your list of favorites. More "new" books for me to discover, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my book in this list -- really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy The Poisoned Pawn as much as you liked The Beggar's Opera (out this February). All the very best for the New Year!!!!! Cheers, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent read any of these but Age of Miracles is on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop