Month In Review

February was a very cold month in here in Canada, so I spent a lot of time inside reading.  That is always a good thing!  Though I am definitely ready for the weather to get above 0 again and for the sun to start melting.

Here are the books I read in February with my GoodReads ratings:

The Gallery of Lost Species by Nina Berkhout *****
The Beauty of Grace by Dawn Camp *****
The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King *****
She Loves Me, He Loves Me Not by Zeenat Mahal ****
The Favourite Son by Tiffany L. Warren ****
Coming Home to You by Liesel Schmidt ****
The Bible's Answers to 100 of Life's Biggest Questions by Norman L. Geisler & Jason Jimenez ****
And the Birds Rained Down by Jocelyne Saucier ***
A Beauty by Connie Gault ***
Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper ***
Amnesia by Peter Carey ***
When Everything Feels Like the Movies by Raziel Reid ***

Challenges

Canadian Book Challenge (5), Diversity on the Shelf (3)

What I'm Looking Forward to in March

I have already started my last book for Canada Reads, so I am really looking forward to the debates taking place March 16-19. I'm still working on cleaning out my Netgalley, requesting new books really isn't helping.  But that will be my big focus this month.  And my library pile.  And all the gorgeous new release....uh oh.

What was your favourite book in February?
What are you looking forward to in March?

Comments

  1. Oh NetGalley!! I was so good for January and February. Stuck to my guns and didn't have any ARCs to read. And now March rears its evil head. ARCs on the horizon from now until summer. The temptation was too great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation is always too great. I tend to sign in to leave my reviews of one book and then end up browsing and requesting a few more. Gotta stop that!

      Delete
  2. You did get a lot of reading done this month -- well done! I'm also waiting for the temperature to get above freezing, but you've exceeded my reading this month.

    I thought that the Etta & Otto & Russell & James book was quite charming, but I haven't read the other books on your list. I think my favorite book that I read this month was Leaving Before The Rains Come by Alexandra Fuller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving Before the Rains Come is on my radar, haven't been sure if I want to read it but hearing that it is your favourite has definitely tipped me in favour of reading it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop