Month In Review


I love January, just for all the fun lists I get to put together of books I want to read in the year and for starting fresh on challenges.  This year, I'm aiming to read 105 books after reading around 100 for the past few years.  And 2015 is off to a good start.  Looking at my collage above, my reading this month was much more eclectic than it has been in a while and I hope that keeps up this year.

Here are the books I read in January, with my GoodReads ratings:

And the Bride Wore Prada - Katie Oliver *****
Intolerable - Kamal Al-Solaylee ****
The Jaguar's Children - John Vaillant ****
Cover Before Striking - Priscila Uppal ****
Laughing All the Way to the Mosque - Zarqa Nawaz ****
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins ****
Jesus Without Borders - Chad Gibbs ***
The Devil You Know - Elisabeth de Mariaffi ***
The Andy Cohen Diaries - Andy Cohen ***

Challenges

Canadian Book Challenge (5), Diversity on the Shelf (4)

What I'm Looking Forward to in February

Usually I list the books that are being released next month that I'm looking forward to but mostly this month I'm focusing on finishing the Canada Reads books (I have 2.5 to go) and cleaning up my list on Netgalley.  There's been quite a few good books on there, so I want to get finish up as many of them as I can.

What Was Your Favourite Book in January?
What Are You Looking Forward to in February?

Comments

  1. I think my favorite read in January was Nora Eprhron's I Remember Nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop