Fall Preview


Fall is definitely my favourite season. I love getting out the warm sweaters and scarves, the colours of the leaves, sitting on the balcony wrapped in a blanket sipping a warm cup of tea. Not to mention the excitement of back to school, the season premieres of favourite television shows (Big Bang Theory anyone?) and cooking meals that warm you up from the inside out.

Fall is an exciting time for readers as it is when many of the major awards are given. This year the Man Booker Prize for fiction will be announced on Tuesday 18 October. The Scotiabank Giller Prize for Canadian fiction will be announced on Tuesday 8 November. Join me as I try to read through all of the books on the Giller longlist and hopefully many of the books on the Booker longlist.

Here at Curled Up With a Good Book and a Cup of Tea I look forward to reading a lot of Canadian literature, blogging and tweeting about books in the news, and pretty soon a giveaway. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. I've never heard of these prizes. I will check them out, especially since I'm getting back into reading fiction now!

    I don't usually blog about books in the news because I always buy books on sale which have ridden their media wave sometimes years before.

    I'll have to figure out an inexpensive way to incorporate more current books into my blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second year trying to read through the Giller Prize. In the past I've avoided Canadian fiction, mostly due to leftover hatred of high school English class. But I've fallen in love with it now.

    Most of my new books come from the library. LIke you I buy books when they are on sale, that way I can get more for my money, especially when it's tight. But there's always some great and juicy stuff about books in the news I look forward to discussing here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop