Best Books of 2011

It's time to take a look at the best books I read in 2011. There were a lot of great books but there were some that especially stood out:


Non-Fiction


Falling Backwards - Jann Arden

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? - Mindy Kaling

If You Ask Me: And Of Course You Won't - Betty White

Citizens of Nowhere - Debi Goodwin


Fiction


Touch - Alexi Zentner

The Sky is Falling - Caroline Adderson

Doing Dangerously Well - Carole Enahoro

The Bomber - Liza Marklund

The Sisters Brothers - Patrick deWitt

Half-Blood Blues - Esi Edugyan


(Lot's of Canada in there! It was a great year for Canadian writers, in my opinion.)


And the honours of my favourite book of 2011 go to...


Comments

  1. I have Falling Backwards ready to read sometime early next year. I actually got to meet her at a book signing which was amazing! It will probably be my second book (I've got a Stephen King craving...even though it's only been a month since the last one I read :/). I plan on trying to read more Canadian authors this year, as well as non-fiction, I will have to take a look at some of the ones on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you met Jann Arden! I follow her on Twitter and she is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love celeb memoirs, I'll have to check out the Betty White book. Happy New Year Shan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jann was that good, eh? I'll have to move her closer to the top of wish list!

    It's wonderful to see so much Canadian Fiction on your list, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop