"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?"

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

The last few months I haven't been reading as much as I usually do, even with the excitement of literary awards and best books of the year lists.  But this past week, I got back into a rhythm and I chalk that all up to the fact that I was reading one of my favourite genres - British chick lit!

What I Read Last Week
I finally managed to finish Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy.  It's not that it was hard to get to but I kept putting it down and reading another book.  I liked it, but think maybe I built it up too much in mind before I read it.
There's More to Life Than Cupcakes by Poppy Dolan and A Cinderella Christmas by Holly Kingston are two brand new books from a brand new imprint called Novelicious Books.  If you're familiar with the Novelicious website you'll be happy to know they are now publishing books!  I loved both of these books, look for reviews this week.

What I Am Currently Reading
I followed Chris Hadfield on Twitter while he was at the International Space Station and thought it was amazing how much he managed to bring it all down to earth.  He is truly a Canadian superstar and I'm really happy he wrote a book.

What I Plan to Read Next
I actually started Cataract City this past week, I picked it up just to read the first few pages and kept going.  I'm looking forward to The Rude Story of English, a book about the history of the English language, the best and worst of it.

What Are You Reading This Week?

Comments

  1. I'm glad you found a way to get your mojo back.
    Read on!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see what you think of Cataract City. I didn't really like the book, but I could see that it was brilliantly written. The topic, setting etc just did not appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far, actually more than I thought I would. I still have a bit over half the book to go though. I do like the writing.

      Delete
  3. The Novelicious books sound good. I'll have to check those out. Have a great week!

    My Monday post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have astronauts guide to life on earth on my TBR list as well. I hope you enjoy it! The Rude History of English sounds great as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop