It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It has been a few weeks since I've done a post for this meme.  We took our family vacation so I've been away from home for the past few weeks, which would explain the lack of posts around here.  But now I'm home and with school looming it's back to routine.

What I Read While on Vacation




When I go on vacation, I like to take along British chick lit.  It makes for fantastic reading by the pool and on the beach.  And so I read Kate's Wedding by Chrissie Manby, Cupcakes at Carringtons by Alexandra Brown, Here Come the Girls by Milly Johnson, and Summer Daydreams by Carole Matthews.  I also read A Family Affair by ReShonda Tate Billingsley.  It's Urban Christian Fiction, and every year when I go on vacation, I take one of her books with me.

What I'm Reading Now
Sabbath in the Suburbs by MaryAnn McKibben Dana is about a family's year-long goal of setting aside one day each week for complete rest.

What I Plan to Read Next
This week is the Bout of Books 8.0 read-a-thon.  Though it's going to be a busy week for me, I'm hoping to really get a push on reading.  I have chosen Emancipation Day by Wayne Grady, About a Girl by Lindsey Kelk, and Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan.  Should I actually finish all of those books, I have a few of the Booker Prize nominees coming into the library for me this week.

What Are You Reading This Week?

Comments

  1. These all look good...and I really want the new Terry McMillan.

    Here's MY MONDAY READING POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the covers on the Brit chick lit...interesting design style. I'll have to check out some of these when I get the chance!

    Here's my What are you reading? Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brit Chick Lit is awesome for vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop