Book Blogger Hop!

Happy Friday!!! It's a very sunny day (though a little chilly but I'll still take it) and they're forecasting rain for the entire weekend and into next week. I hate when Friday teases us with the sun.

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. It's a weekly gathering of over 200 book bloggers, a great place to visit and check out.

This weeks question is: Pick a character from a book you are currently reading or have just finished and tell us about him/her.
Well, I just finished reading Give The Lady a Ride by Linda W. Yezak (you can see my review below.) The main character, Patricia Talbert, is a New York City social co-ordinator who has just inherited a ranch in Texas from her Uncle. So she goes to check out the ranch, decide what to do with it and falls for man who runs the ranch. So to buy herself some time, she asks him to teach her how to ride bulls!
I loved the character of Patricia and I so related to her because I'm a city girl at heart who gets intrigued by different ways of life. But our similarity ends there because while Patricia decided to throw herself into the world of bull-riding and ranches, I would have just remained intrigued! It's a great novel and I recommend checking it out.

Would you have been like Patricia and learned to ride bulls, or stayed at the sidelines like I would?

Comments

  1. Hopping by!

    I'm a sidelines girl myself, but that sounds like a fun read :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a grown up version of books I read as a kid (I was a bit of a horse freak).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop