Weekly Wrap-up

Reviewed This Week

The Hopefuls - Jennifer Close
The Girls - Emma Cline
Falling - Jane Green

Read This Week

Wellth - Jason Wachob
Where’d You Go Bernadette - Maria Semple
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol. 1 - Brandon Montclair
The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead (started)

Online bits and bobs

CBC Books released their Fall Preview. So many good books, my TBR exploded.

Apparently, people who read books live longer. Here's to an extra 10 years!

I've spent some time with my Pinterest page. By that I mean, I stopped ignoring it.

I've joined Reco. Because I apparently I need another bookish app to keep me busy. But seriously, this is a good one.

Stories from the Bookshop
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you will know that last Sunday was the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I didn’t work that day but I did work the next day (and the days after that) and it’s safe to say that Harry was the most popular guy at the mall this past week. The reaction to it has been interesting, quite a few people were surprised that it was a script and not a novel and they didn’t like that. But for the most part, everyone seemed to be happy to have Harry back in their lives again.
Books I was told I must read by customers: Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld, anything by Sue Grafton.

Screen time

When we were in the US, we kept seeing commercials for Wrecked so the husband and I decided to give it a go. Two episodes in it's a cute and sometimes funny show. I'm always watching Coronation Street but it has been pretty amazing lately. And the family finally saw Finding Dory. Dare I say I liked it more than Nemo?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop