A Look Ahead at 2016

2016 already?!?! I love a new year, especially when it comes to this blog. I love finding out what books are coming out, giving the blog a bit of a refresh, and starting new challenges.  And the new year always means another full year of blogging - I’ve been blogging for six years now!

Just like last year, I’m welcoming in the new year by binge-watching television.  My holidays so far have been spent watching Trollied, The Job Lot, You Me and the Apocalypse, and now I’m going to continue on with my Downton Abbey marathon.

Let’s look ahead at 2016 and see what I’m looking forward to books and blogging-wise.

CHALLENGES

Over the years I’ve been cutting down on the number of challenges I participate in and this year is no different.  I just don’t think they are for me.  So I will continue with my multi-year challenges and one I complete every year.

Canadian Book Challenge

This one is easy for me to complete as each year I read more and more CanLit.  I really enjoy participating in this one with other CanLit lovers and finding out about so many great books.  The challenge runs from July to July and the goal is to read 13 books.  I’ve already completed 10 books and I’m hoping to read 35 Canadian books this year.

The Classics Club 

I have just over a year and half complete this challenge and I have 40 books left to read.  Umm….yeah, we’ll see how that goes.

Around the World in 80 Books

I also have just over a year and a half to finish this challenge and let’s just say I have a TON of books to read for this one.  I thought it would go much faster, but I’m realizing that as much as my books take me around the world and to every continent, they tend to take me to the same countries.

THE BLOG

Last year I tried focusing on some non-bookish things but I found I just continued to gravitate back to book reviews.  This year I’m hoping to do a few more author interviews as I really enjoyed that last year.


BOOKS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO


Comments

  1. Happy New Year!!! I'm so excited for Downton Abbey to start up on Sunday - and yet, so bummed that this is the final season. I only do a few reading challenges, more so to track what I read - the library challenge, the e-book challenge, the audio-book challenge, etc. I'm going to look into those books - I'm familiar with a few of the authors, but the other books have piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop