Month In Review

So April was a great month for me when it came to reading, but when it came to blogging, it wasn't great. Things were very busy for me balancing family and work (again, work in a bookshop, not complaining at all) so while I was getting a lot of reading done on the run, I was having a hard time just sitting down and that is where my blog became neglected. So I'm hoping to turn things around on that front in May.

Here are the books I read in April with my GoodReads ratings:

Eligible - Curtis Sittenfeld ****
Beware That Girl - Teresa Toten ****
Me Before You - JoJo Moyes *****
The Regional Office is Under Attack - Manuel Gonzales ****
The Nest - Cynthia D'Aprix-Sweeney ****
I Almost Forgot About You - Terry McMillan ****
Making It Up As I Go Along - Marian Keyes ***

Thoughts
With one exception, every book I read this month was a 4 star read for me. It was just a month of good reads. My favourite was Eligible. I'm recommending this modern adaptation of Pride & Prejudice to everyone. The Regional Office is Under Attack is a lot of fun to read. I Almost Forgot About You is classic Terry McMillan. And I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Me Before You so much!

Non-Book Stuff
It's officially Spring when Canada's Wonderland opens for business and we were at the park for sneak preview night. I love that my 9 year old wants to go on every roller coaster over and over, we had a great time. My husband and I saw Jimmy Carr's stand-up show and it was hilarious. Gotta love a comedian who can take on, and encourages, hecklers.

What I'm Looking Forward to in May
My TBR list for May is so long and looking so good! I'm still working through The Passage, though my husband chose it as his commute audiobook so I'm reading more now so we can read it together. I managed to get my hands on an ARC of Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi and I can't wait to get started on that. A few others on my pile - Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeleine Thien, The Assistants by Camille Perri and The Couple Next Door by Shari LaPena.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop