"Made With Love" by Kelly Childs and Erinn Weatherbie

Vegans and vegetarians rejoice! Gone are the days of missing out and forgetting about delicious treats just because you follow a plant-based diet. The mother-daughter duo behind Kelly’s Bake Shoppe and Lettuce Love CafĂ© have a new cookbook with over 100 plant-based, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and peanut-free recipes. And meat-eaters take note - you won’t even realize there is anything missing from these sweet treats.

Made With Love: More Than 100 Sweet and Savory Plant-Based Recipes for Every Moment in Life, by Kelly Childs and Erinn Weatherbie, is a beautiful cookbook packed full of delicious foods, easy recipes, and detailed information about vegan cooking and baking. This book is perfect for both the vegan and the meat-eater in your life.

I adhere to a mostly plant-based diet but one thing that I tend not to do myself is baking. I leave that to the experts. But this book changed my mind on that. The recipes in this book are easy to follow as well as shop for, which is very important for me. I don’t have the time or the money for specialty stores and with this book there is absolutely no need for them. While there is a wide variety of recipes in this book and lots of meal ideas, the baking section is the strength of this book.

So far I have tried two recipes however my copy of the book has a ton of sticky notes sticking out of it of recipes I am definitely going to try. Because who can resist dishes like Easy Sunday Morning French Toast, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Burgers, Delectable Donuts, Pina Colada Smoothies, and Grandma’s Apple Crumble. I love the Carrot Cake Smoothie, and really does that need an explanation? It’s a super healthy, drinkable carrot cake people. I also enjoyed the Tomato Protein Soup, and for me it was wonderful not even as a soup but a lovely dish of tomatoes, chickpeas, croutons, and lots of delicious spices.

For Kelly and Erinn, the food that is found in this cookbook is a way of life. Kelly is the co-founder of Canada’s first gluten-free and vegan eating establishment. Erinn herself struggles with food sensitivities which is why they founded Kelly’s Bake Shoppe which is 100 per cent organic and gluten, dairy, egg, and peanut free. In everything they do their focus is on health and kindness.


There are a lot of plant-based cookbooks on the market so it’s understandable if one is wondering why they need another one. But this one is a must-have for your cookbook collection. As I mentioned already, it’s baking section is its biggest strength. Even meat-eaters won’t be able to resist Dulce de Leche cupcakes. And this book also sets itself apart from the rest with its gorgeous photos. This would make a wonderful gift for its beauty alone. Plus, readers will want to try every single thing they see in this book. This book is one that will definitely be getting a lot of use in my house.

I received a copy of this book courtesy of Penguin Random House of Canada. The opinions expressed above are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop