April Review/May at a Glance

April

April has by far been the best reading month in terms of getting into a good reading groove and spending the whole month with a book in my hand. And because of that I ended up reading 10 books and for the first time in years am still ahead on my reading goal (which at this point of the year is usually already failing.) I'm also trying out a new way of posting here, by posting 2-3 reviews of recent reads that all share a similar theme. The reviews are much shorter but this way there is a lot less pressure on me and I feel content to just read.

Here is what I read in April:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter - Scaachi Koul
Baseball Life Advice - Stacey May Fowles

⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Bluebell Bunting Society  - Poppy Dolan
The Child - Fiona Barton
Welcome to Lagos - Chibundu Onuzo
Rich People Problems - Kevin Kwan
There Are More Beautiful Things Than BeyoncĂ© - Morgan Parker

⭐⭐⭐
Rock Solid: My Life in Baseball's Fast Lane - Tim Raines
The People at Number 9 - Felicity Everett

⭐⭐
Fugue States - Pasha Malla

May

While there are a couple of May books on my radar (The CanadaLand Guide to Canada and No One Can Pronounce My Name) the only one that is an "I absolutely cannot wait" book is Into The Water by Paula Hawkins. I grabbed it on Tuesday, the day it was released and I'm 100 pages in and hooked.

I have an ARC of Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza (July) that I plan on reading and there are a few books from earlier this year that I have on my night table but haven't go to so I think the month of May will be about going back and reading those ones.

Comments

  1. I like to get that Kwan book and of course the Hawkins one! will have a long wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop