Month in Review: Non-Bookish Things

May was a different sort of month for me. I started my new job which means I’ve been reading less and watching less television.  I miss not reading as much, but missing the television is okay with me.  I know that once school is out I’ll be doing a lot more binge watching though.

Watching

Television

Of course, I’m still watching my Toronto Blue Jays. Something about us Toronto sports fans, we enjoy the pain.

My television show watching was all over the place. I’ve really only watched bits and pieces of television shows rather than my usual watching one season of a show at a time.

I’m still working through season 2 of Broadchurch, almost at the end.  I started watching Episodes and really like it but am only a few episodes in.  My husband and I FINALLY started watching season 4 of The Walking Dead, but again we only made it a few episodes in.  

I did watch the entire series of Scrotal Recall on Netflix.  If you can get past the terrible title, it’s actually a really cute show.  I watched all six episodes in a row one day when I wasn’t feeling well. 

And A League of Their Own started up again.  This is my favourite panel show from England, hosted by James Cordon and with Jack Whitehall, Freddie Flintoff, and Jamie Redknapp.  It is absolutely hilarious and in series 9 they are getting some of my favourite people on it. 

Movies

The entire family went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron in the theatres. It was the first time the 4 of us all went together and now that the littlest one is okay sitting through a 2 hour movie, we will be doing this more often.  Which makes me happy because for a while there, it was my husband and daughter seeing all the movies I wanted to see!

I also saw Pitch Perfect 2.  I somehow managed to convince my husband that it would be a good movie to watch on our wedding anniversary. Not sure how I managed that, probably won’t be able to duplicate the results ever again.  But I really enjoyed it.

Listening


Nothing new.  My usual podcasts when I’m out walking and a reggae playlist when in the car.   

Comments

  1. "Something about us Toronto sports fans, we enjoy the pain." You can say that again lol. Go Jays! And good on you for convincing your hubby to go see Pitch Perfect 2. I know it would be a lost cause to even mention it to mine ha. Hope you enjoyed your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop