Happy Canada Day

Today is one of my favourite days of the year - Canada Day!  This year we are celebrating the 147th anniversary of the birth of this wonderful country.  There are so many things I love about being Canadian - poutine, free health care, saying "sorry" when it's someone else's fault, Tim Horton's, Corner Gas, ketchup chips, Rick Mercer...I could go on.  Most importantly I love the diversity of this country that brought my family together.  I couldn't ask for a better place.

To celebrate Canada today, I want to share some of the fantastic literature that our country has to offer.  Here are links to some of the great CanLit I have reviewed that has been released so far in 2014.

The Bear - Claire Cameron
For Today I Am A Boy - Kim Fu
All The Broken Things - Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer
Landing Gear - Kate Pullinger
All My Puny Sorrows - Miriam Toews
The Ever After of Ashwin Rao - Padma Viswanathan
Deathbed Dimes - Naomi Elana Zener

As well, here are reviews of books written by some great Canadians we have sent out into the world.

Falling Backwards - Jann Arden
I Know I Am, But What Are You? - Samantha Bee
Born to Be Brad - Brad Goreski
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth - Chris Hadfield
Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me - Howie Mandel
Anchorboy - Jay Onrait

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop