24 Hour Readathon
I will be doing my updates on this post and probably completing most challenges on Twitter or Instagram so be sure to check me out there! (@goodbooksandtea)
End of Event Meme
1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
Around hour 14 was when I realized that things weren't going to last much longer.
2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Every Day is for the Thief by Teju Cole was good because it's a novella, it has fantastic photography, and really keeps your interest.
3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, as always it was wonderfully organized and a lot of fun.
4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The social media component was great and the website was very well organized.
5)How many books did you read?
3 completed, plus one more.
6)What were the names of the books you read?
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares, Every Day is for the Thief by Teju Cole, Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched by Kim Barnouin, Prada and Prejudice by Katie Oliver
7) Which book did you enjoy most? 8)Which did you enjoy least?
Honestly, I enjoyed them all equally, nothing stood out as better or worse.
9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'll definitely participate again, I love this event. I think I may sign up to be a cheerleader the next time.
Another readathon is finished! I really enjoyed this one, got a lot of reading done, didn't get lost in the internet and waste precious reading time, all around it was a good one.
Books Finished: 3 (The Here and Now, Every Day is for the Thief, Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched)
Total Pages Read: 846
And this is where I fall asleep while reading. It's been a wonderful day but it is certainly time for bed. I'm taking my iPad with me and plan to do a bit more reading. I hope to get halfway through a novel I started last night. I don't plan to set my alarm as I naturally wake up early so I'm hoping I'll be able to get in at least one last hour of reading in the morning. Hope you all have had a wonderful readathon as well!
Well we are passed the halfway mark now and this looks to be my most successful readathon yet. I've just finished book #3 along with a tea and cinnamon bun from Tim Horton's. I've completed the three books I had hoped to so now I'm going to move onto finishing ones I had started previous to today.
Books Read: 3 (The Here and Now, Every Day is for the Thief, Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched)
Pages Read: 730
It's after 2pm and I just finished the novella. My next book should be a fun, easy read as it's a sequel to a book I had a great time reading. I'm going to get started quickly as it will soon be time to take the kids out to their "engagements" (my daughter has a much busier social schedule than I do.)
Books Read: 2 (The Here and Now, Every Day is for the Thief)
Pages Read: 410
It's almost noon, and I have completed one book so I'm feeling good about that. My next choice is a novella, so hopefully I'll be able to keep the momentum going.
Books Read: 1 (The Here and Now)
Pages Read: 288
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Lovely (though still cold) Toronto Ontario.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
All of them actually, they're very different and I've been wanting to read all of them.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Believe it or not I don't have any snacks planned. I think I will take a Tim Horton's break at some time though.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm a wife and stay at home mom of two wonderful kids. I love yoga, British television, Dutch football, and the Toronto Blue Jays!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?I'm just going to go along and get in as much reading as I can. Differently from last time, I'll try to spend less time online and more reading.