Holiday Break Reading Challenge Day 4

The Holiday Break Reading Challenge 2011-2012 is hosted by Julie and Karin at Edifying and Edgy. It's day 4 of the challenge, and this is my first post. The challenge for today is to explore a blog that highlights your preferred genre.

The blog I have chosen is Read for Pleasure. I have come across the blog before never fully explored it. I'm glad I chose it for this challenge. The blog fits my reading personality perfectly! There a various genres covered but it's obvious there's a great love for chick lit. It also focuses on Authors of Colour and the blog author loves reading about different cultures.

I like that her reviews are short and to the point, no spoilers, and very honest. Makes choosing a book very easy (and is guaranteed to grow you TBR list by miles!) The layout and design is great. There's lots there, but it's not crowded, doesn't take a long time to load and has a clean, pretty feel. A new favourite blog of mine!

Comments

  1. Thanks for participating Shan! Isn't it fun to find a new blog that grabs your attention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating. This is a new blog for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm on hiatus until January and planned to use the time to visit blogs I've never seen before. Who knew there was a challenge for that?!?! I'll be sure to stop back over here to check you out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop