Giller Shortlist

The Shortlist for the 2011 Scotiabank Giller Prize was announced yesterday. I'm excited because this year I have a good chance at reading most of them before the prize is announced. So far I have read one, am reading one and have two sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. The winner will be announced on Tuesday November 8. Here are the finalists:

The Free World by David Bezmozgis

The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje (my review here)
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt
The Antagonist by Lynn Coady
Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan

I am also excited to read Half Blood Blues and The Sisters Brothers. In addition to being shortlisted for the Giller, they are finalists for The Rogers Writer's Trust prize and The Booker Prize. They must be fantastic novels!

Have you read any of the finalists?

Comments

  1. I haven't read any of them, but I do have Better Living Through Plastic Explosives on my shelf, waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop