Back to Blogging!!!

I am so very happy to say that I am back to blogging!!! I decided to take the summer off from blogging and that was a good decision because I honestly did not get much reading done. We had a wonderful summer full of trips, theme parks, barbecues, baseball games and sleepovers. It was sad to see it come to an end but it also brought new beginnings including my daughters start at a new school (in French!) And now that we have settled in and are back to our routine it's definitely time I get back to the books myself.

I had a huge list of books prepared to read during the summer and unfortunately I barely made a dent in the list. I made the decision that the warm weather was too precious to waste on books that weren't really grabbing me so there were a lot more DNF's than I was used to. Some of them were quite surprising, I was really looking forward to both Untold Story by Monica Ali and The Kid by Sapphire, but I just couldn't get into them.

The books I did finish were wonderful treats. It was great visiting the SATC ladies in Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell. Chelsea Handler had me in stitches with the stories she tells in Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea and Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. And Jennifer Weiner has another fabulous work with Then Came You. Reviews are soon to come!

I am also now on Twitter! I think I have held out long enough. Come follow me @goodbooksandtea. I look forward to being able to to discuss books further with you.

How was your summer?

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back. I just returned from my summer blogging break last week. I think I'll do it every summer. I hardly read any books either. I only made it through 2 actually.

    I made my way to twitter too! @Shannon_RHP I wish I had joined a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see you back! I'm glad you had a good Summer, but sorry you had so many DNFs. I didn't read that much over the summer either, but have found some wonderful books in the last week. I hope you find some great books to read in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies, it feels good to be back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop