It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Last week I didn't read as many books as I had hoped to but there's a good reason behind that.  I read one book that was so rich and so good, it required of me to take my time and read it slow.  It can be frustrating when you have a whole pile of books due back at the library soon (or if that particular book was due back at the library a few days ago) but it's such a wonderful experience to read those kind of books.

What I Read Last Week:

A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki is the novel that demanded my time, Wedding Night is Sophie Kinsella's latest novel and all-around fun, and Tales of the Defended Ones by Beth Gluckenberger tells the stories of young children facing difficult situations and their rescue from them.

What I Cooked From Last Week:

Yum!  Tomato-Salami Pizza, Mango Pineapple Smoothies, Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry Compote, Roasted Chicken with Tomato-Basil Butter, we had some good eating thanks to Curtis Stone's latest cookbook What's For Dinner?

What I'm Reading Now:
The Juggler's Children by Carolyn Abraham

What I Plan to Read Next:
The Smart One by Jennifer Close 
Friends & Foes by ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray

What are you reading this week?

Comments

  1. I'm really hoping to get the Ozeki soon. I've got a hold at my library. Now I'm hoping that the people ahead of me read quickly ;)

    That roasted chicken sounds divine..mmm!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get my hands on the Ozeki book! I hope you enjoyed it, sounds like it was a slow read?

    I love it that you made so many recipes from the cook book! It all sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading Knots and Crosses and started Haunted Grounds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Sirocco: Fabulous Flavours from the Middle East" by Sabrina Ghayour

"Beware That Girl" by Teresa Toten

"A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy" by Sue Klebold