Happy Canada Day! Here's to a Summer Full of Reading Goodness!

Happy Canada Day!!!  What a beautiful day for family, fun, and fireworks!  It's great to be Canadian!  For those of you who are elsewhere in the world and are curious about some Canadian history, I highly recommend going to YouTube and searching for "A Part of Our Heritage."  You'll find some awesome clips we call Heritage Moments that teach you about the amazing things Canadians have done over the years.

Canada Day for me always feels like the official start of summer.  School finished a few days ago and we now have two months of freedom.  I'm not in school anymore (haven't been for a while) but being married to a teacher and with one of my children already in school, my life still revolves around the school year calendar!  So I think it's time to take a look at my summer reading list.

Challenge Reading
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
1984 by George Orwell
The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler

Chick Lit Fun
Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood
The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
Between You and Me by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus

Christian Fiction
Destiny's Divas by Victoria Christopher Murray
The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund
Harsh Pink by Melody Carlson

Of course, I hope to read a lot more than that this summer.  But these are the books I definitely want to get to during the vacation time.

What does your summer reading list look like?

Comments

  1. I'll be posting my summer list soon. Reading, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what's on it Claire. I always find some good books from you.

      Delete
  2. I'm off travelling for the next few weeks and am filling my bag with Canadian books. After reading them, I'll give them away. Always fun to share out wonderful Canadian authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great idea! I love recommending Canadian authors whenever anyone asks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop